Ralph Moyle, Inc. has a US Department of Labor approved Driver Apprenticeship Program that is designed to train employees in the skills necessary to obtain a CDL-A and then seamlessly transition them to professional drivers. Individuals selected to participate in this program will receive their CDL training at no cost. The program will require a full commitment from the student to work, study and train to gain the required knowledge and skills. The company enters this partnership with a substantial financial investment: the equipment, instructors and desire to help each student succeed in establishing a driving career.
The student will progress through three separate phases. Phase I will cover the essentials, knowledge and skills necessary to obtain a CDL-A through classroom and guided range time. Phase II will expand the student’s knowledge of our company’s policies and procedures through practical one-on-one on training with a qualified trainer. During this phase, the student will also focus on improving their driving skills and gaining the additional knowledge necessary to be a solo driver. Phase III will consist of mentoring and coaching the student during their first year of solo driving. Additional advanced training will also be scheduled during this period.
Becoming a Student
In accordance with U.S. Federal Law, Ralph Moyle, Inc. does not discriminate in its selection process. All prospective students must meet the following requirements to be considered for this program:
- At least 23 years of age or 21 if a veteran
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Ability to read, write and speak English and do simple arithmetic
- Complete an online employment application
- Successfully complete our interview process and background checks
- Have an acceptable Motor Vehicle Record and work history
- Have reliable transportation to get to work
- Have no restrictions that prevent them from leaving the state of Michigan
- Participated in a ride along with a RMI driver
- Pass a DOT physical and approved drug screen
- Ability to attend all scheduled training
- Obtain a CDL temporary instruction permit from the State of Michigan
- Sign RMI Employment Contract
To provide the highest quality of training, the number of students will be limited to 3 per instructor, per session. Individuals selected will be based on qualifications, regardless of date of application.
Qualified individuals interested in participating in the Driver Apprenticeship Program should apply online or contact Human Resources at 800-845-6062, ex. 64 or 68 for further details and to start the enrollment process.